Thursday, March 10, 2011

Listening


Okay so not going to church the past few weeks has been refreshing. But in my prayer time today I came to this conclusion,


I think I need to start going to church again, not so God will hear me,
but maybe so that I will hear Him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

I'm not saying church is the only place to hear from God. I am also not saying that it is a sure-fire place to hear from God. Sometimes you just won't. What I'm am saying is that I think you need to put yourself in a position of listening. For me I think that going back to church for a little while is one of the things I need to do right now to put myself in that position.

4 comments:

  1. Meagan,
    I know you are really walking through some of these confusing, church locating issues. I read with joy and sadness your struggle with finding the "right" fit for you. I'm sorry your journey hasn't been the adventure you were hoping for.
    Meag, it's time to live adventurously in the journey. Let God speak to you and over you. Go, listen, be silent...wait for the whispers of His voice to resonate into the depths of your heart.
    I love you girl. We should do coffee soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This transitional time that you are in seems like a time you will find out the answers to some basic questions most Christian never ask. “What does it feel like to be a Christian without a visible, recognized ministry?” “What does it mean to be a member of the body of Christ without being a member of an organized group of believers?” Grow in God, He will speak to you outside the Sunday service!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawna: Thank you for your sweet words and I covet your prayers. I'd love to get coffee, this weekend is booked. Maybe next weekend?

    Vicki: I do think God is answering those questions for me in this church-less time. And I want you to know that I'm not going back to church this weekend because I think I have too. Thank you so much for supporting no matter what. I love that about you, that you aren't on my back telling me to get to church. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at it from God's perspective and tell me if your riddle is solved by your solution. Not to say that one should play God, but consider that he/she is putting a process to something that already is.

    At the very least, something to ponder.

    ReplyDelete